OT: Stainless Steel Cleaner

With my wife in ill health many of the household chores have become mine.

Just tried cleaning all the stainless steel appliances with Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes.

TERRIBLE! Leaves streaks which are hard to buff out.

Anyone have suggestions for something that really works?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

SoftScrub.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Those are what we use. You folks may be fussier than we are. (Hopefully your wife's trouble isn't serious? Prayers ascending, anyway.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

A lot of people seem to swear by Bar Keeper's Friend.

Active ingredient is oxalic acid... wear rubber gloves, don't mix with chlorinated cleansers or ammonia.

Reply to
David Platt

Windex, works for light dirt. Still have to go with the grain. Have you checked a Delorean forum ;)

Martin Riddle

I think the problem here is the humidity is so low the stuff dries as fast as you apply it.

Thanks! She took a serious fall a few years ago and cracked just about every possible vertebrae. In the move last year she re-injured that... and now we're caught in a Catch-22: the pain raises her blood pressure and they can't operate with her blood pressure sky high :-(

We're seeking new medical opinions this week. ...Jim Thompson

Good idea ;-) ...Jim Thompson

SWMBO uses Barkeeper's Friend. It's available in many retail stores, including Home Depot and Amazon.

krw

Hi, Jim:-

C. buys some white fine-grained sponge-like things that work very well. They kind of disinetegrate as they are are used up. I'm sure they're some major brand of thing .. hopefully you can recognize it in the store. Work well on our SS fridge and dishwasher.

P.S. just asked via Wechat (a Chinese IM app).. they're Mr. Clean.

(currently in Hunan province)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Magic Eraser.

That sucks.

Reply to
krw

OK. I know what you mean... "erasers" ??

A client of mine is in Hong Kong... costing him an extra hour a day in commute, to avoid the protest crowds :-( ...Jim Thompson

The recommended treatment for a Delorean was sandpaper.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Distilled water and cheap paper towels. After a few times goes FAST!

Why cheap paper towels? You want the paper towel with NO additives, like in Bounty etc else you get streaking. To check if towel has additives put it in Clorox. If it gets so hot it burns you, it has additives.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Antiseptic grade 70% rubbing alcohol on a rag. It has just the right mix of water and alcohol to soften pretty much everything that spills in a kitchen. If you've accidentally left the cap off your 99.99% isopropanol bottle over night, this is a good new use for it.

A high carbon steel wire brush with fine bristles restores the original brushed look. It takes practice to reproduce the original grain.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.

That's the stuff, thanks!

Nah, it's really one of the coolest places on the planet and should be on many a bucket list:

A few hundred km west of Music Mountain (birthplace of the Great Helmsman himself). Zenni glasses are made near here IIRC- if so a couple pairs made a round trip in the past few weeks.

Kind of a nice change from the "Bladerunner" atmosphere of cities like Shanghai and Shenzhen.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

HK is a fair distance (600 miles?) away, but I've got to go there soon. Hopefully they'll have dealt with the situation one way or another (I wouldn't put it past the property and other tycoons to use union-busting techniques in the shadows to end the party. It's costing them serious scratch- $billions).

Best wishes for N., it must be driving her crazy to not be able to do things.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thanks! You know her... almost professional chef level... and I serve her up a hamburger or some Ramen noodles >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Recommend:

"Method" for streak free cleaning. available at Lowe's, Home Depot etc.

Ibuprofen PM for nighttime pain free sleep. I have three blown discs. Generic or Advil PM. Has double+ inflamation reduction effect.

OldGuy

Interesting, at my last doc appointment we talked a little about pain, and my high blood pressure, I can't seem to get a handle on it, 4 iterations of meds. Did you look into the TENS unit, what I labeled a distraction?

Good luck, I was on the web looking at The Hughston Clinic, something more local here for possible surgery this morning. I'm out of pain meds which makes start thinging about trying to fix the problem, and with the new federal law I need to make an appointment to get the prescription.

I suspect she is having more pain than me, but none is normal!

Good Luck, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson