OT: Schadenfreude

...Jim Thompson

Markets go up. Markets go down. Business talking heads say that, after all the growth since the Great Recession, the stock market is "overdue" for a "correction". Historically, the stock market prices have grown faster under Democratic presidents.

Keep up the good jokes!

Reply to
jfeng

Tell* me when it hits bottom so I can move some money in. I took about 40% out just before sequestration. That was a big mistake. Mikek

*Assuming you crystal ball is working.
amdx

I lost $40K when GenRad collapsed (options), and I was working for them at the time... so my crystal ball is a wee bit cloudy >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Ya, I'm convinced the best strategy for 90% of those saving for the long term: invest in no load wide market based mutual funds, diversify with some (15%) International exposure. Don't try to time the market, stay in for the long haul. Most important finish your earning years when the market is up! Now, nearing retirement, I'm going to want to stay partially in stocks and I'm looking at some of the dividend stocks, in an effort to have income and a potential for growth. There are some high flyers that I'm following, to pick a few, Reits, bank and oil related. These stocks yield the following percentages, NLY- 10.6%, NYCB- 6.7%, RIG- 10.4%, Nat- 7.7% which jumped 3.6% in price on this down day, pick up a $0.14 dividend if you buy before 10-20-14. Mikek

amdx

You must have all jumped in and bought NAT, it's up over 5% in the first hour and 15 minutes this morning. I did know I had this much credibility as a market guru. :-)

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Keep buying guys, it's up 6.58% 1-3/4 hrs before the close. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Oh man, my crystal ball went on the fritz last night. Sorry, I can't tell you what's going to happen with NAT today. :-) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Hey, Chicken Little! Did you bail out when you thought the sky was falling ? Did you miss the buying opportunity? Did you sell low and buy high? Ac cording to today's radio news, the stock market is now at an all-time high (S&P 500?). If you want to blame Obama for the near-correction, whom do yo u credit for the six yers of steady growth and the recent recovery?

What else is going wrong with the economy? Mortgage interest rates are dow n since January. Gasoline prices have gone down without tanking the econom y (maybe they are deliberately trying to hurt Texas and Alaska). Unemploym ent has been going down at a steady rate.

Maybe it was because the investors recognized the value of your contributio ns to the company. Does this qualify as schadenfreude?

Your posts are really hilarious.

Reply to
jfeng

Nat is up 12.5% since I mentioned it two weeks ago. Sure wish I had bought some. :-( Mikek

amdx