OT: Scanner

I have a dozen or more flatbed scanners, but none of them will install on anything newer than Win ME. I keep one old WIn 98 computer around for scanning. II like to use a scanner to get images of circuit boards, and components. It's not part of my network, or online so there is no worry about infected files.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, it's increasingly hard to use those old scanners that interfaced through the parallel printer port, given the printer ports are mostly gone on recent computers. I've also come across SCSI scanners, again not so useful when most computers don't have an SCSI interface.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

These are all USB, but no newer drivers from the OEM. The only parallel port scanner I have is a very old 11"x17", and I have no software for it.

I do have an early HP SCSI scanner, and an interface card stashed somewhere around here but it only worked with Win 3.1 and Win 95.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That is just about the stupidest thing you've said yet (and that's going some!).

Reply to
krw