OT: Sadly Insane

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I supppose you disapprove of BDS as well.

Israel has a really bad PR problem now due to their practices in the last d ecades. Too many pictures. The kill ratio. Things like that. They treat the Palestinians about how the US treated the Natives here.

Playing the victim card is not going to work anymore. The world is getting more informed about this whole mess and BOTH sides are to blame. They have to stop the settlements. Not just because it is taking land, but the ones w ho ae willing to live there are mostly radicals and commit mayhem while the Israeli governmemnt looks the other way. Those settlers as well as the gov ernment are costing the Palestinians alot on the way of trying to make a li ving. Burning olive trees for example. There is much much more. Nobody else would take that kind of antagonism laying down.

And they don't, but there is a big problem with them. Tehy don't seem to un derstand that those rockets, which aren;t all that big, ARE NOT KILLING ANY ISRAELIS ! Three Israeli deaths make international news. Shit, in the US t hree deaths doesn't even raise eyebrows.

The whole thing is a big mess, and England does't have the moxy to pressure Israel. Their lobbyists got them what's called QME. That means that nobody in the region is going to beat them unless they really f*ck it up. They ar e not that stupid.

But it's OK, neither supposedly is the US. The US has had alot of these bri ght ideas backfire. What happens now ? OK, let's say they get rid of Hamas. I hear the pub,ic support for Hamas is really down, and I can see why. If you're a warmonger you are supposed to kill the enemy. I almost suspect Isr ael of suppoting Hamas because it almost seems like they WANT to be ineffec tive. Think of the PR value, and yes, it does matter to them. And yes, they are well familiar with such tactics.

I see people saying that BDS means noting and all this, but then why did Ne tanyahu travel all over Europe trying to get it outlawed ? But see that inv olvs commerce, weapons are a slightly diffeerent issue. they get all they n eed from the US excapt for some things they buy. Like MIGs for example, the y are simply a better plane. There are a few other things that can be had t hat are better than US built stuff, and I hear the new F-35 is junk. The US will probably give them a bunch of those because the military cannot use n or wants all that are being built. I suppose Saudi Arabiaa will get some, E gypt. Russia will buy a few just to take apart. then the little coutries wi ll probably get a few.

Maybe you are not aware, but we are in a collapsing ecnomy right now and it will soon be to the point where we simply cannot afford Israel. ?they are creating $80 BILLION a month and pourinbg it into the stock market to keep YOUR money from being pulld out so that in the next crash they plan, they g et ebven more. Worldwide confidence in the dollar is dropping like a rock. Unprecedented : BRICS are officially dropping the dollar. I mean at war wit h the dollar.

As more and more countries drop the almighty buck, that three billion a yea r to Israel will about get them a cup of coffee. And it is happeing, and Is rael quite depends on military aid from the US, and that costs money.

What do you think will happen to Israel witout US aid, because that is comi ng. Russia and China have no use for them. Nobody else is big enough. The U S may well cease to exist in its present form in the next decade or so. Wha t then ?

Thanks for the article.

Reply to
jurb6006

What's even more astonishing is that there have been no responses to my post. I guess we're heading into WWIII with another attempt to annihilate all the Jews :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Your link here shows one of the big problems about Israel - the confusion between Israel the state (the military, the politics, the military support from the USA, the total disregard for international law and the UN) and Judaism (the religion, the people, the culture, the history).

Most people in the western world are fans of religious and cultural freedom. We don't care what gods you want to believe in, what churches or temples you go to, what food you will or will not eat. That's a personal matter, and as long as you follow the laws of the land, basic humane morality with respect for others, and are not too obtrusive about your beliefs, then you can have whatever faith yuo like. We /do/ care what states and other large groups do, such as invading other countries, abusing their own people, etc. - without any regard to the religions involved.

There is always a section of the population which is angry and irrational, and uses "Monty Python" logic (the bomb was set off by a Muslim, the corner shop is owned by a Muslim, therefore the shopkeeper is responsible for the bomb). But most of us try to keep issues as separate as possible. The problems in Gaza have an extremely complex background with many countries and people to blame, but the blame lies with the states, not the religions. Thus I can condemn the Israeli state as being abhorrent, and more reminiscent of South Africa in the

80's or Germany in the 30's than of the democratic western country it claims to be - while having absolutely nothing against Jews.

However, Israel's spokespeople (politicians, diplomats, etc.), as well as much of the media and many public figures in the west, seem determined to confuse Israel and Judaism. This is used as an excuse literally to allow the state of Israel to get away with murder. Any condemnation or complaint against the actions of Israel are countered by accusations of anti-Semitism, which in turn is trumped up as the greatest evil imaginable. In the case of Israel, therefore, many people are much more mixed up about state and religion than in most cases of international conflict.

If we can properly separate the Jewish religion and Israel's state at a political level (especially in the USA), then people could see more clearly what is actually going on over there - and maybe progress could be made towards resolution. And it would also avoid the mindless attacks on innocents in other countries just because they happen to be Jewish.

Reply to
David Brown