OT: Medical Expense

Medical expense for cut on palm of hand, requiring cleaning and three pieces of (very nice) tape to close the wound...

Wonder what it'd cost _you_ under Obamacare ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

The deductable would have not been met, so the whole 2K ;)

I guess you have 5 chinese globes now? ;D

Martin Riddle

:-)

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Same here. I have $2600 deductible, followed by 80/20 up to $5800 max yearly, and essentially 100% after that. I have an HSA so I can put the deductible in it tax free. From what I gathered from my romp through the

healthcare.gov site to the MD site I should be able to get as good or better for about half of the $430/month I pay now, but in April I'll be eligible for Medicare and SSA benefits (which I paid for).

Remember, ObamaCare is not insurance. It just offers a choice among several providers and sets minimum standards and affordable prices. It would have been better with a single payer system but that had zero chance of passing due to insurance company lobbying efforts. And those actual costs on the

bills are inflated because health care providers want to get the most money from the system, and not really what is reasonable. Of course probably half the cost is malpractice liability insurance, which would be much lower if proper tort reform were enacted, and if we would "kill all the lawyers".

Give it time. It will work. If Romney had been elected and offered the same thing you (JT) right-whiners would be fawning over how great it is and would excuse the temporarily dysfunctional website. I think it was deliberately sabotaged by well-paid right-wing hackers. ;)

Paul "I Love ObamaCare!"

Reply to
P E Schoen

Notice that MOST of the charges were actually paid by Medicare. Aren't you glad that Uncle Sam is providing that for you? Be grateful for that! The

remaining pittance was paid by your "Medi-gap" optional coverage. How much are you paying for that? And how much have you paid for Medicare?

Besides, you should know better than to try to make love to yourself with a knife in your hand! :)

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

No globes involved... sliced hand while cutting up cardboard boxes... NEVER look up to answer wife while you have a box knife in your hand :-( ...Jim Thompson

responding to

, Mike F wrote: Can you please keep this poltical crap off of here?

But while I bother typing - here where I live, it costs me about US$30 to get a cut cleaned and dressed, after I split my knee on a rock while biking. It isn't your health insurance system that is broken - it is your whole health care system system has become corrupted.

Back to electronics please!

Reply to
Mike F

Piss off f****it. This is Usenet, not some moderated web forum which you appear to be posting through.