OT: GoToMeeting Invite

I just received a GoToMeeting Invite in the form of some Micro$hit garbled attachment.

Though it's text I can't decipher it.

Is there a reader for such?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Is the attachment named WINMAIL.DAT perhaps? (web based) etc...

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

Nope. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

If you made an effort you could probably be even less informative.

Try providing the headers for the binary attachment that you can't read cut and pasted from the raw source of the email. The first line of the encoded stuff may also provide clues due to MS file headers.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

SOunds like spam.

A gotomeeting invite is usually a link and a passcode, not an attachment.

Martin Riddle

Came from a known client... maybe he bungled it ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Email can be forged and email client address books can be read by viruses. It has been more than once I have received email "from" known contacts that were in fact not emails they sent at all. They usually contain some sort of mal-ware.

--

Rick
Reply to

It's safest to call the client and verify with him. Same idea with weird emails from banks, stockbrokers, etc.

Like Rick said, malware attachments are plentiful.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett