OT: Furniture

I'm seeking a store (or on-line), that has this end table...

...Jim Thompson

Perhaps google's "search by image"?

Reply to
Don Y

I don't know of that. How does that work? ...Jim Thompson

Found it, tried it, no success. Appears to work only for an image that exists somewhere on the web already. ...Jim Thompson

Feed it a *photo* (instead of "words") and it looks for similar photos (using some dubious definition of "similar").

But, you'd need to isolate the portion of the image that is truly important to you (e.g., Photoshop) to expect any sort of reasonable results.

I.e., ideally, having a clean photo of *just* the table would give it the best chance of finding a similar photo of a "similar" table (no guarantee that it will be an exact match). Think of how a furniture vendor would likely display his wares and try to create a photo that would be consistent with those "displays"

(personally, I suspect this is an uphill battle...)

Reply to
Don Y

It's probably a custom furnature piece for the studio.

You can search for 'modern oval c-shaped side table' too and get similar results.

Martin Riddle

Close match

Martin Riddle

You could try calling the Fox News Studio and ask to talk to the props and furniture folks.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

Jim,

How fancy do you want it? How much weight does it need to support?

For example, you could just weld a reeeeally strong metal beam or pipe to the rims of two manhole covers so they're held horizontal:

=========

Reply to
Frnak McKenney

That will not meet the esthetic requirements of SWMBO ;-) ...Jim Thompson