OT: Funding for Ebola

Seems the Democrats, Hillary in particular, are claiming that CDC lacks funding to treat Ebola because the GOP withheld funds.

Hmmmm? Seems the Dems used those funds for something more important...

...Jim Thompson

The Publicans contorl the agenda voted on in the House, so they must have approved (unless you belived that they compromised). If only the Pulicans had not blocked the appointment of the Surgeon General.

Reply to
jfeng

I thought I heard on the news today that $1 million was moved from the CDC to Obamacare, but I can't seem to find a reference. Mikek

I thought they said for the software development!

Reply to
amdx

That would fund about 20 minutes of software development.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Since it is possible to transfer DNA by EM field we will already be infected because this post contains the contaminating word. Please, whoever is up there, throw brain, but try to hit.

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

On a sunny day (Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:11:46 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

Why would you like to fund ebola? Is it not worse enough yet?

..they are sending all sorts of clueless help, Germany even found 117 volunteers .... lol (after a big media campain for 'help'). Anybody who has ever seen a virus through an electron microscope will quickly realize that wearing a plastic suit does not stop it. It is so small that it will get airborne and inhaled miles away. Test with apes have shown it is airborne.

Now it is in the US, it will spread there 2.

It alread too late.

There is an other interesting fact... Some people say I was joking that you could get it from watching 0bama on TV. But some nobel prize winner did an experiment with 2 tanks of water with a DNA string or something in one, and an EM field engulfing both, and guess what, the DNA or RNA or whatever materialized in the other tank. Of course his research was denied as 'contamination'. But really, try to avoid 0bama's news casts.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Too bad the plastic suit won't stop your ravings either.

Tests with apes show you have no idea what you are talking about.

Too late to not read this drivel.

Now I see! You are actually a genius, the most thoughtful guy on the planet and the savior of all humankind as well.

--

Rick
Reply to

wow, let's see...$2 billion for a terrible healthcare website...yeah, that $1 million will go a long way as history repeats itself. Bet ALL the money gets spent on Public Information, aka propaganda, assuaging 'one's' fears and giving phoney tips on how to protect oneself, rather than accomplishing anything.

QUESTION: We know sloppy hygienic methodologies of people who should know better, health care workers, transmit ebola, but are mosquito bites capable of transferring, too? like with the West Nile virus transfer?

Reply to
RobertMacy

On a sunny day (Tue, 14 Oct 2014 06:20:53 -0700) it happened RobertMacy wrote in :

Of course

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I agree with the 'possibility', but it is of REAL concern.

No one has shown HIV transfers through mosquitos. something about the digestive system kills that 'fragile' virus. Just wondered if ebola is killed in a mosquito's digestive system, or if ebola is one of those 'rugged' virii.

Reply to
RobertMacy

On a sunny day (Tue, 14 Oct 2014 07:06:49 -0700) it happened RobertMacy wrote in :

Well it is suppoded to be passed on by eating meat from infected monkeys. Those were probably dead for a while by then. :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Actually all we know for sure is that the tiniest mistake with Ebola contamination appears to result in catching the disease and that the first world PPE gear is not quite as good as they thought. Or their working procedures for containment are inadequate in some subtle way.

It would appear that using goggles instead of a full face shield is one of the reasons why it is thought that the unfortunate nurse may have touched and contaminated her face when removing them.

Probably not by mosquito as they don't see any incidence of sporadic unexplained no contact cases in the wild but what about fleas, ticks and bed bugs... they all remain pretty localised.

The Ebola virus is large and somewhat fragile with a relatively short lifetime outside of its host. Chances are the digestive enzymes of most blood sucking creatures will take it out pretty quickly.

I was surprised how many other cases of non-Ebola haemorrhagic fevers the UK had dealt with in the past couple of weeks - about two dozen.

Crimean Congo Viral Haemorrhagic fever and other tick borne unnamed ones for instance.

(historic case as this info doesn't seem to be online)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:11:39 +0800) it happened rbehm wrote in :

Yes, you are going to die, it is inevitable

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

PS you may like to read this, (all of you): arxiv.org/pdf/1012.5166

Page 4: 2.1. Transmission of DNA sequence through waves and water

Please not that Luc_Montagnier won a Nobel prize, and is not your average clueless experimentalist:

Now go and cry

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The wiki is a great article, thanks for sharing! but, only thing mentioned there is 'monitoring' EM not 'generating' life forms using EM.

What is the EXACT URL for that pdf?

Reply to
RobertMacy

Do you think of a mosquito as a hypodermic syringe? It is not.

Mosquitoes can only pass on diseases that have evolved to live inside the parasite. It is not that the disease is "killed" by the mosquito's digestive system as much that the mosquito is not a host for diseases other than the few that they spread.

But that won't stop the uninformed from wildly speculating.

--

Rick
Reply to

arxiv.org/pdf/1012.5166.pdf

Very specious research. With the advent of PCR even one stray molecule of DNA can appear in a study like this. In order to prevent contamination the strictest controls must be used. Even then it is not hard to cross contaminate in a sloppy experiment. In this experiment two tubes are placed in close proximity, one containing DNA and the other not containing DNA. Is it surprising when the one without DNA develops DNA when PCR is used?

--

Rick
Reply to

Umbrage at that snippy statement. Yes, I know how the mosquito injects, sucks, and leaves. And yes, there are diseases that have evolved to take advanatage of the 'life cycle'. My point is that if merely 'touching' one's face with contamination can transfer ebola, why isn't it possible for the mosquito to simply have 'touched' [in a manner of speaking] and is merely transferring to another? This is NOT wild speculation from the uninformed but a very serious question from someobdy counting on others to know the answers, or at least pursue the answers to these questions.

Reply to
RobertMacy

That came up as just text, not an EXACT URL.

is that

is ok, hopefully posting back, should make it work.

Reply to
RobertMacy

replying worked! thanks.

Reply to