OT: Best Source for memory?

I want to bump up the memory in my Lenovo ThinkPad X61s from 2GB to

4GB.

Who are the most reliable sources from which to buy memory? ...Jim Thompson

crucial.com has good selection help.

newegg.com may have better prices.

I've used both sources.

Reply to
news

I've used Crucial for all my memory upgrades. I especially like their money-back guarantee if the memory their selector tool picks doesn't work in your PC.

Disclaimer: I currently work for Micron Technology, the corporate parent of Crucial. However, I used Crucial well before then.

Bob Pownall

Reply to
Bob Pownall

Thanks, Bob (and snipped-for-privacy@jecarter.us)! Crucial is where I was tending toward, but I haven't bought extra memory in _many_ years. ...Jim Thompson

Do you run a 64 bit OS on it or a 32 bit OS which can handle more than

3GB (thus not Windows)?

I always buy Kingston.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Like others have said, Crucial is good. You can download a program form them that will tell you what is installed, and what additional memory your computer can take.

I buy a lot of memory from geeks.com, and Ebay.com for older RAM.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reliable? Wherever you get it will likely be the same product. So "reliability" can only mean "Prompt shipment".

Best place to get it in my view is Amazon, because you will always get the best price and it will always come from the sources these other guys have given. So if "New Egg" has the best price, the Amazon hunt will find it and it will be in the list of "sources" you choose from.

Reply to
UNotBrightEnough

You are an idiot. Having more than 3GB on your system does NOT mean that it is "thus not Windows". And it has nothing to do with it being 32 or

64 bit either.

You are thus mentally impaired.

He asked about sources not brands, idiot.

Reply to
UNotBrightEnough

UNotBrightEnough wrote in news:jvll4a$lma$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Best source for memory?

Eat lots of spinach and carrots.

Your periferal equipment also improves.(Ask Popeye).

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

No. That is the best way to retain memories gained.

Lots of ways to enhance peripheral equipment as well.

Reply to
SoothSayer

I would check the Lenovo site and see what they recommend. Some times the chipset requires specific timings. And then look else where from there and see if what crucial recommends is the same.

Martin Riddle

ungli jigal talks about the story of four years life "Engineering Student"

subscribe for more footages.

Reply to
Jainee Singh