Orange super-bright LEDs

Are they true orange LEDs?

Is "orange" the same as "amber"

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

depends how fussy you are.

Jasen Betts

So how do they make LEDs to shine a certain color?

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Your Google is broken?

Reply to
default

If color is that important, check the data sheet -- it'll show at least the peak wavelength, and usually an intensity vs. wavelength plot.

I'm not sure what culture you grew up in, but its being discovered that your home culture and native language affects how you perceive color -- so your "orange" may not be the "orange" of the folks denoting the wavelength.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work!  See my website if you're interested

Short story -- different dopant profiles. Long story -- google.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Thanks!

SO the discovery is just a trial-and-error process, rather than a predictable, deterministic methodology?

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Osram makes some really beautiful deep-orange LEDs. They are fairly bright at 1 mA and barely visible at 1 uA.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Thanks!

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

I seldom see shops that are selling LEDs in Hong Kong to describe the products in wavelength and frequency... :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Was expecting a few sentences as answers from you.... :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Google is your friend. Google is your friend. Google is your friend. Google is your friend.

Do I need to keep this up?

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work!  See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Sucks. You want to get what you need, do your acquisition correctly.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work!  See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

I'm not so sure Google is still our friend. Lately they've been pestering me to agree to things I don't want to have to agree to, and now they simply refuse service.

I can use duckduckgo. Google can go to hell.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

"Mr." Man-wai Chang is a known troll. Killfile and enjoy the silence

...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Well, OK, fine -- I use ixquick and call it "google". But those few times I do use Google (mostly for images, or so I can use lmgtfy.com), it seems to work.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Well, I want short answers straightly from our brains! I am NOT doing a money-making research! ;)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Not-so-bright orange is the new black.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Digikey lists LED's by wavelength, I think amber is close to yellow. A while ago I was looking for LED's with a lot of light output. I don't think Orange was a "good" color in that regard. (But I also might have missed it.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Four LEDs (R, G, B, D) can synthesize any color, including black.