Opamp resistor magnitude

Nope, not so far. Recreational reading is mostly re-reading at the moment, because I'm pretty well fried from work.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Interesting. It looks like that input capacitance helps form a bandpass filter. I set up a inverting op-amp in LTspice with 10K input and 100K feedback for a gain of 10 and input impedance of 10K and it looks good with a gain of 10. Then I added a .02uF cap from the inverting pin to ground to exaggerate the input capacitance and the gain peaks at around 8Khz and 40dB and then rolls off to about 12dB at 15KHz.. I guess it's the phase shift of the RC values that determine the gain. Never did figure out active filters other than looking up formulas.

Bill Bowden