old remote circuit

Please see the following links for a pcb remote circuit.

Although it lights up, it does not work fully.

If you look closely at the caps C1 and C2, their tops are black.

Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Yup, they come like that. All my small ceramic caps have a little black 'paint' on their tops... I don't know why.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

you're giving it 12V?

this is quite normal for values less than 100pF

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

------------------------------------

That=E2=80=99s the specified 12v requirement.

The remote is supposed to have two outputs: one to switch the receiver on, and another to switch it off.

The problem is that only one switch works.

Reply to
steve

Unless I'm missing posts, your description is lacking. (You don't state which output is missing.) I see only 2 posts from you, so I suspect I'm missing some. How many times have you posted here (sci.electronics.basics) on this subject? I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing posts, or we just have to ask for more info from you.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

It=E2=80=99s a fairly simple remote circuit.

As mentioned before, please see the following links for the circuit:

and
.

The remote does have two outputs: one to switch the receiver on, and another to switch it off.

I think the =E2=80=98on=E2=80=99 switching path does not work, since the re= ceiver responds only to the =E2=80=98off=E2=80=99 switch.

Reply to
steve

--
Please don't top post. Bottom post, or inline post when necessary.

I doubt that the remote isn't working, since the circuit for both
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields