NSA & RSA

NSA & RSA...

...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Yup, figures. Of course the article claims that the only backdoor is in the RNG, which is sort of hard to believe, given past performance.

comp.risks is a good read on all this sort of stuff.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I suppose this will be the end of RSA. You can never trust them again because they are sensitive for bribing. If they don't deliver secure software they are useless. . All users of Bsafe should sue them.

Reply to
tuinkabouter

My point of view has always been... there is NO code that is uncrackable... thus do not E-mail anything you want to be absolutely private. Likewise cellphone conversations or text messages. So NSA can listen in all they want... the most technical discussion they'll catch will be me helping my 13 year old granddaughter with her Algebra homework ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Almost true. The only exception is the one-time pad.

Reply to
tuinkabouter

This is true only as long as any keys both on the source as well as any destination site are destroyed before any "secret" transaction has been known to performed by a hostile partner.

Reply to
upsidedown

Not for "hand delivered" keys.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Susceptible to rectothermal cryptoanalysis

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Oh! Is that how miso and bloggs do it ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson