NPN Transistor Question

Being in the I/C biz, I don't keep up very well with what is available in the discrete transistor world.

What I'm looking for is a _readily_available_ NPN, highest fT, VCE < 15V, IC < 10mA

Suggestions?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

BFP840--80 GHz, 5000 in stock at Digikey, about 30 cents.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 12:53:53 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Tough numbers to hit on...

close!

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 16:53:50 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

A little closer...

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Thanks, Phil! ...Jim Thompson

BFP640FESD has BVces > 13V. Only 65 GHz.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That practically oscillates just laying on the table!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

13V?? 4V 46GHz ??
--
 Thanks,
    - Win

THIRTY CENTS !

You work for the government or something ?

Reply to
jurb6006

No, I just read off the Digikey 100 piece price. I sort of doubt that Jim is going to buy many more than that. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'm not going to buy any... my client will do the purchasing. ...Jim Thompson

What about the age-old standby, the 2N2222?

Reply to
Robert Baer

On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 23:15:18 -0700, Robert Baer Gave us:

You missed the same thing I did. Highest fT.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Why not suggest the OC71?

ft 300kHz.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

;-) CK722 anyone ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 07:49:20 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

or this one...

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Used to cost a week's allowance.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Really? Yout get $75/week in those days? Tha was a lot of money!

Reply to
jfeng

Here's the 1952 datasheet, Raytheon, in Newton, MA, my old stomping ground.

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

My followup doesn't seem to have made it.

You're right about the 46 GHz--I was confusing it with another part, thanks.

The 13V I was quoting is BV_CES, which is pretty good for a part that fast. It shouldn't be too hard to arrange the circuit so that the base drive is really low-Z at DC.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs