"New" Metal Detectors Designed for Gold

Some of these new machines cost $4,000. They claim they are specifically tuned for gold nuggets.

Is there any real advantage over older technology or is this a scam?

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Don't know. How well did the 'old' machines perform?

Need some specific Manufacturers, model numbers, exact URL's to find these things

In general, I've seen two approaches: intrumentation based upon scientific principles which operate independent of the Operator and those that do something which to some have unique repetitive responses when near gold [treasure] [note the involvement of the Operator].

One MUST keep in mind that science DESCRIBES what we observe, science does NOTdefine it. So, with that in mind and knowing the human brain is a wondrous object it is worthwhile to keep an open mind. A primary example, waterwitching. The 'instrumentation' is a pair of rods AND the human. Doesn't work for everyone.

So, are these new machines for $4,000 a 'cheaper' pair of rods?

PS: the 'scientific' machine. albeit must be close to the sample, is capable of getting pretty close to identifying the material based upon the resitivity AND the conductivity as a function of frequency. note independent of Operator. and those should cost around $150 to a DIY

Reply to
RobertMacy

My qquestion is can it discern from a tungsten core fake. There are alot of allegations flying around about that sit and with the dealings with Venezu ela and Germany lately, the only country hot to get their gold into the US is Ukraine, and we paid for that government unbeknonst to most.

But it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Wwe are no longer on t he gold standard, we are on the fossil fuel standard.

Reply to
jurb6006

Here's a typical site:

The plan was to rent one for a day or two after a good rain has deepened / shifted a wash by a few feet. This may happen once or twice a year. In August few will be in the wash before UPS ground delivers the rental detector.

It's mostly an excuse to get exercise.

Reply to
Bret Cahill

ALL of the ones I saw there, except pulsed induction, which is a completely stupid approach! can be done as DIY projects for less than $150. If you have parts lying around, really really cheaper.

All these metal detectors are 'elegant' eddy current systems. They create a magnetic field that induces current into the remotely located conductive bits. The currents induced in those bits create a 'reflecting' field that the coil, or separate coil, picks up. Based upon magnitude and phase of the returning signal it is possible to identify the material. [I'll send you some images of my NDE Instrumentation to show what is possible. Note in the image although the difference in conductivity between the rivet and the background aluminum slab is a small ratio, how with high contrast the rivet appears to not exist. AND the slight color change across the field of view where pressure between the two aluminum slabs is increasing towards the mounting rivet (conductivity increases with pressure between to materials)]

Also, magnetic fields decrease at the ratio of inverse CUBE of the distance so you see there is NOT much signal there. That is reduce going out AND reduce coming back! So most of these coils operate in what is called 'near field' where the diameter of the coil is larger than the distance to the object. They use that approach to skew the decrease - using a large coil where the field going out decreases by the inverse square [approx] but the object being small means the field coming back is going to follow the cube rule. That keeps the S/N up a bit. The pulsed technique is a way to launch HUGE fields, then watch what happens so the outgoing signal is not getting into the input signal. It's like, make a loud noise, then listen, during the loud noise you can't hear, but after that you can hear stuff. Various reasons a cheap approach, but not an optimum technical approach where you gain to the real possible S/N.

NOTE: If it's possible to get a system that INCLUDES you, the Operator, as part of the process; you will be amazed at what you find possible. Won't work for everyone, probably not even 'scientifically' based [may have even been proven as ineffective by scientific investigation], but *IF* it works for you; you will be astounded at what you can accomplish. But, be prepared this will be a skill, so requires a lot of operation time, and practise is more valuable if possible to do in known situations.

Reply to
RobertMacy

That sounds cheap for a backscatter neutron spectrometer.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

That's probably not what they are using. They are probably just using magnetic field.

If that's all that's been through the valley then it would be easy to just wait for a wash to get washed out ~ 1" rain. Some gold would get buried of course but some would become exposed.

Supposedly leaves have high concentrations of gold if the roots reach a deposit.

Since you cannot excavate just mark the locations of palo verde, mesquite and some cacti with high gold concentrations. Then wait until a rain does the excavation for you.

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Your last paragraph (from NOTE: on) describes exactly the wishbone or dowsing operation.

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 01:23:37 -0700, Helmut Wabnig --- -.dotat> wrote:

I've spent my WHOLE life in the pursuit of science. Yet, I have no real scientific basis for any principle that could possibly make this instrumentation work. Except for ONE principle that too many 'scientists' ignore, that is, observing the instrumentation/Operator system works.

For other examples,

When 14 years old I found a pair of commercially made 'dowsing rods' that my father used to find buried cables and pipes before he would continue construction. Standard plastic tube handles and aluminum wire and brass wire construction where the length of the rods could be adjusted presumably to change sensitivity. I then used those rods to 'map' everything I could find in our backyard and drew a map to scale. I found the pipe from our well to the house, I found the small water flow that fed the well as a diagonally positioned, meandering wide path of ?? I found some 'spots' [have NO idea what they were] Now recently, the Germans have scientifically proven with some very good experimentation that dowsing rods don't work. yet...

When California started their first lottery, with a small set of numbers, I wrote a BASIC program to predict the next winning number [I know, I know. Impossible in a truly random system] The program required extreme interaction between me and using it [since I had not completed a lot of the 'automatic' featurees. So after intensely entering numbers and playing with answers I would select a few sets of numbers. During that time I broke EVEN on the average. Hey, that's great, at least I'm in for a big haul and not going backwards! Then California's lottery sysem increased the set of numbers by four, and I dropped to only a 1% average, big ouch. I don't like to throw money away so quit doing lottery. CA must have noticed I was not the only one, because they promptly changed to two numbers more than original and started advertising what it's like to win. Now I was only going backward 10% average, so quit all together, permanently. The program could NOT possibly predict anything in a truly random system, but something was going on by including an Operator.

Oil exploration: oil fields have three characteristics present, which can also be present and NOT have oil. The hydrocarbons outgas to the surface where you can 'smell' them, the earth's magnetic field is deflected/perturbed [watch migrating birds fly over an oil field, their line will slightly deflect since they have built in magnetic compass sensor systems in their brains], and the best of all, the earth's gravitational pull is slightly different. Thus, oil companies spend a lot on measuring these parameters in their exploration of oil. However, some people can do it themselves. My wife's grandmother was one. She could walk across a potential field and point to a spot and tell her husband to drill there, and tell the distance how far down. Her grandaughter, my wife, inherited the ability and as a child while her her father was drilling what appeared to be a dry well she cried and cried telling her father [her grandmother's son] just keep going it's down just a little further. But alas, business is business and money is money and at some point one has to push away from the gaming table calling it quits. He stopped and pulled the equipment losing LOTS of money. The man who took it over later went down 250 more feet to have the well pay handsomely, just like my wife as a little girl had told her father to do. I asked her how does she know where the oil is and she replied, because I can 'see' it. [You should have seen her response when we traveled through the mideast!]

And back to the original question regarding 'treasure hunting instrumentation' this last one is how some type of [what appears to 'scientists' as hokey] actually can be used to find treasure.

So my conclusion is, "Keep an OPEN mind." Science observes and explains, it does NOT define our world.

Reply to
RobertMacy