Need some advice about a Led switch

I want to use a switch to step through a ten LED string one LED at a time. I also need to bypass a LED (take it out of the sequence) when I want. I'm ginna be using a foot swtich if this matters. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
catdady2k

4017 decoded decade counter.

Now it's getting complicated. How do you plan to select which LED to remove from the sequence?

Reply to
Nobody

and what happens when that led should have come on? no leds or the next in the sequence? What happens when you reach ten and then over step to the next - back to one?

Reply to
default

Learn to program a PIC, AVR, ARm etc..

Add a buffer on the IO outputs and you can do as you please.

Reply to
Jamie