Need simple 1vdc relay circuit

Okay, admittedly I am not that well versed in electronics. I can solder and follow directions well enough to put together some interesting hacks occasionally, but I'm really a greenie when it comes to certain aspects.

I'm trying to find a reasonable way to accomplish turning on and off a device that is powered by about 3.6vdc. The trigger mechanism would be a cell phone's vibration motor's power source (motor disconnected) which outputs somewhere around 1 - 1.3vdc.

I started this project by using a simple relay circuit controlled by a serial port of a computer, but now want to move it to the cellular angle - which gives me much lower power output unless I go with some sort of bluetooth serial adaptor (which I'm working on as well). For now though, if anybody has ideas on a simple scenario for a quick switching relay circuit that would work for this scenario, I'd really appreciate the assistance.

Thanks af

Reply to
Arcadefreaque

I second this. Don't forget the back EMF diode across the relay.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Using a basic NPN common emitter mode so that the collector will pull the load to common. The NPN can then pull a higher voltage load like the low side of a relay.. The relay can be supplied with what ever voltage is required up to the rated spec of the NPN.

A 220 Ohm with that voltage drive, should be enough to saturate a common 2N2222 type transistor..

Reply to
Jamie

--
If you can stand to lose about 0.3V of that 3.6V into the load: (View in
Courier)

--
Oops...

NPNs should be 2N3904 and the PNP high side load switch could be driven
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

So you're just getting the wires connected to the bomb, then Aunt Emma calls to tell you her Pekingese threw up on the rose-patterned carpet in the parlor. ka-BOOM

Reply to
Michael Robinson

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll see what I can piece together from your recommendations.

And Michael, Aunt Emma has a shitzu, but thanks for the c> Okay, admittedly I am not that well versed in electronics. =A0I can

Reply to
Arcadefreaque