need pinout of FPT100A phototransistor

Hi, I have some FTP100A phototransistors (3) which I want to use to make an optical switch, like an optoisolator.

But I cannot find the pinout information for this part. I found one online datasheet, but it didn't show a picture of the package

It has 3 pins and a flat side. It also has a clear top, and I can see down inside, to the photoreceptor part.

Any leads appreciated.

Reply to
kc0atc

Jasen Betts wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.compass.net.nz:

Hold the transistor so you're looking at the base, where the leads come out. Rotate it so one pin is on the left, one is on the right, and one is in the top-center position. The left is emitter, the center is the base, and the right is the collector.

Reply to
Ken Moffett

so with three leads there's 6 possible ways to hook the device up, and if you just guess, getting it wrong is unlikey to damage it,

follow the example circuit on the data sheet, or any other phototransistor circuit, if it doesn't function dtry a different orientation.

Why didn't you get pre-fabricated opto-isolators like the 2N138

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts