Need help with voltage doubler

I keep blowing capacitors so I need help :) Right now the only two good capacitors I have are 50v 1000uf and 50v 47uf.

right now DC source 5.25 volts

Isn't it

possitive on battery, capacitor #1, diode going to each leg of the 2nd capacitor, one leg of 2nd capacitor going to ground, the other going to negative on the battery.

Reply to
ewitte

It does seem to work with a coil/magnet setup that outputs about .6v AC. I've seen over 2v off of that. Right now I'm thinking regulated

1000v 25ma power supply thats already doing everything for me ;)

Eric

Reply to
ewitte

The second link looks like what I'm trying. What about "non polar" electrolytic capacitors?

Reply to
ewitte

Get the right capacitors. You want two of equal value.

Electrolytic capacitors are sensitive to polarity and will blow up if you connect them the wrong way round; subject them to excessive AC current; or exceed the rated voltage.

The first hit on Google for "voltage doubler" is a simple DC-DC converter using a 555 timer. The second hit shows the classic voltage doubler circuit using an AC mains transformer.

The + sign against the secondary of the transformer in the 2nd link makes no sense.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Voltage double on a battery with only some caps and diodes??? I think you need some switching or an AC source.

Reply to
Vanheesbeke Stefaan

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

It isn't. Can't but strongly advise you to find a textbook covering basic electricity, voltage, current, power, Ohms and Kirchhoffs laws, DC and AC. Don't expect someone to build an electronic circuit without at least this basic knowledge.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter