Need book recommendation

I have a number of projects I'd like to undertake involving microcontrollers. The problem is that my hardware training was as a tech over 20 years ago, so no training in circuit design. The logic is easy enough it's just when when I look at schematics for various circuits there are a bunch of resistors and capacitors there and I don't know what they are for.

Anyway what I need is a book about circuit design that will enable me to figure out when I should but them in my circuits and what values to use.

Can somebody recommend one?

--
Mark Healey
marnkews ãt healeyopolis döt com

PIC programming in C - Gardner - 1998

The Quintessential PIC Microcontroller - Katzen - 2000

The PIC Microcontroller Book - N. Matic (2000)

Not recommended but take a look.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I would also recommend trying to get hold of a copy of:

"The Art of Electronics", by Horowitz and Hill.

Tim Duke

Go to your local Radio Shack and look over their selection of Forrest Mimms booklets. I believe they still sell them.

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

--
                      "Apollo to Mission Control
                       We are almost in reach of our goal,

AoE is quite dated with regards to microcontrollers.

It is, of course, excellent in general.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad