Need AC/DC 120v to 12v dc power supply with a ground wire available

I need a cost effective solution for a 12 volt fixed DC power supply for a project I am working on which requires the use of a three prong plug so I have Access to the ground wire. Maximum current would be less than 1 Amp. I can add my own 5 volt and 9 volt regulator with input filter capacitors to get my required voltages.

Access to the ground wire is most important then a solid construction that would be UL approved and an enclosure that could mount easily to the bottom of a wooden shelf.

Old computer power supplies would seem ideal but they are large, and can they operate properly at low average currents of 100 ma?

Thanks for your input , Christopher .

  • * * *

Christopher

Temecula CA.USA

Christopher

Something like this one, if not poke around this site.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Tom, I believe that power supply is exactly what I was looking for. Now wouldn't it be my luck that they indicate they don't sell to consumers or end users!

There must be a way around this slight glitch because they do accept small online orders with a credit card and they are located in another state. Hum....

  • * * *

Christopher

Temecula CA.USA

Christopher

Become a business instantly. Aren't you prototyping for one of your business projects. I went through the checkout routine (short of confirm) and it looks like they don't really care.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi