Misusing a transformer

Just a sanity check if you don't mind. I have a 230v to 30v 1amp 50Hz transformer - is there anything wrong with plugging that into 115v 60Hz to get 15v 1 amp out?

Reply to
david eather

--------------------

** Please go ahead - make the little transformer's day.

Apologies to Clint Eastwood....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks! Hmmmm a lot of those people who heard the "go ahead make my day" ended up dead so maybe that means ... I so wish you had used "I know what you're thinking, did he fire 5 or 6"

Reply to
david eather

-------------------

** Think you are misconstruing the context of the famous phrase.

The actual scene in "Sudden Impact", where Harry uses the words, showed him calling the bluff of a criminal who was holding a girl hostage with his gun to her head.

Harry had his gun raised ready to shoot, so forcing the criminal to let the girl go rather than back off, as was the crim's wish.

President Reagan used the phrase well too, in relation to new taxes.

However, my use was entirely literal and humorous.

That 50Hz 230V tranny would have a much easier life used on 115V and 60Hz.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

that's fine.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It was funny and I took it that way, until latter when that little voice inside started to ask stupid questions.

Reply to
david eather