Microcontroller operating in 70 celcius

Hello,

In my project, my microcontroller may have to operating in +70 celcius C.Will this temperature influence the board behave? Any electronic elements on the board could be have a problem with the high tempreature?

please any idea will be valuable for me!

Jining

Reply to
jining

this temperature influence the board behave? Any electronic elements on the board could be have a problem with the high tempreature?

celcius C

Reply to
jining

this temperature influence the board behave? Any electronic elements on the board could be have a problem with the high tempreature?

That is why they publish such information in data sheets. Try reading the data sheet for the components you will be using and de rate for temperature where necessary.

Reply to
default

Will this temperature influence the board behave? Any electronic elements o= n the board could be have a problem with the high tempreature?

As someone said you have to check the spec sheets. Typical operating range is to 85C. But I don't know about uC's. You have to look at the derating of any power components on the board. At higher ambient temperature they get too hot if asked to disipate too much power.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

What "microcontroller"?

All these things have specifications. Find the datasheet and/or specifications for whatever microcontroller you have.

Anything else is just guessing.

Reply to
fungus

Yes, the temperature will influence how the board behaves vs. room temperature.

Yes, electronic components can have problems at high temperatures.

If you're designing the board, pay attention to the temperature range of each part, and design the circuits to the data sheets' worst-case specifications. Also pay attention to the power consumed by each part, and calculate the heat rise so that you know the parts are operating within spec. Then test.

If you're buying a board, try to get a candidate board that's rated for the temperature, and before you're 100% committed to using it, try to test it at temperature.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

it's hot, but not too hot for most things.

start downloading datasheets.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

this temperature influence the board behave? Any electronic elements on the board could be have a problem with the high tempreature?

Look for automotive grade parts. They regularly have to deal with ambient temperatures above that.

Reply to
krw