Make a handheld Vacuum Cleaner an Anti-Static tool?

out of ABS plastic that must create a lot of static electricity when in
operation.

http://www.beldray.com/beldray-bel0427-quick-vac-lite-red.html

I'd quite like to use it to clean dust out from electronic equipment.

 From another vacuum cleaner (industrial photo-copier maintenance thing)
I have a short conductive hose and various end tools, so I'm almost
there; but I need to ground something - possibly the hose coupling to
the cleaner.

Would that work? Or would the passing air circumvent it, and become
charged anyway.

If so, I think I might need to make conductive and internally ground
parts of the vacuum cleaner, using metal loaded paint and/or aluminium
tape. Work that I want to avoid if possible.

--
Adrian C

Re: Make a handheld Vacuum Cleaner an Anti-Static tool?

While I am not 100% sure, I would think that any metal tip on the vac
which is well grounded, should work. I'd probably find some pipe and
duct tape it to the vac. Then apply a ground wire to it.

Re: Make a handheld Vacuum Cleaner an Anti-Static tool?
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:50:57 +0100, Adrian Caspersz

Just do it. Air is not going to zap electronic gear.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Make a handheld Vacuum Cleaner an Anti-Static tool?
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:50:57 +0100, Adrian Caspersz

Is there static present at the plastic tip?  Check it before you get
carried away fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

I got a fairly new "scorpion" vac and there is no discernable static
charge at the inlet nozzle.

Site Timeline