LTspice Tutorials now available

And: there is a checkbox for reversing the direction of the scroll wheel; another pet peeve of mine. Scroll-up to zoom out is just a wrong-way default that can be fixed in one click, Yay!

Every other program that has anything to do with drawing that I have ever used does it like this: roll the wheel up == zoom in.

Wow, so much better now ...

Reply to
Kaz Kylheku

PSpice is classic A,B,C,D,E sizes, PLUS the ability to make a custom-sized sheet, which I often do for chip toplevels... an E-size, but portrait orientation. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

F7 drags the wire by itself.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I can kind of drag wires,either a point or the whole straight line.

Reply to
RobertMacy

"By itself" implies it "moves". Does F7 drag the wires while retaining their connections? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Drop by sometime and I'll demo a REAL schematic capture >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

A thought just occurred to me... is there some way to make your own video of what's happening on your screen so you can distribute it later? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Thanks for the invitation! I'd get to see the final on that dining room. uh, don't know where you moved to.

Is your PSpice anything like OrCAD version 9.2 Schematic Capture? v16 really improved some features.

Reply to
RobertMacy

No, F8 drags the wires while leaving them connected. The detailed behaviour is a bit strange, so if you're doing anything fancy such as rotating an IC, it's usually easier to just delete the wires, move the parts, and wire them again.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

PSpice Schematics =/=/=/= OrCAD ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Just set your GPS for San Tan Valley... intersection Gary Rd and Silver Stream Way... the rest doesn't exist yet... too new even for FedEx and UPS >:-}

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Control Panel - Drafting Options - Hot Keys.

Customize to whatever you like.

Ctrl-Z is already in use in the default setup (Zoom area).

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)

Who wrote PSpice Schematics? was it original MicroSim?

Reply to
RobertMacy

As far as I know, yes. Probably the best schematic capture I've ever used. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Having been using Cadence Virtuoso all this past week I can guess where the obtuseness in LTspice came from. What a piece of unruly organization... every activity requires a pull-down menu and a non-intuitive action to get what you want.

And Virtuoso is the CAD of choice in the semiconductor industry :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature