LTSpice

I need to simulate a circuit with an lm393 comparator in it.  I went to the
yahoo group and got a file called lm393_st.txt.  I renamed it lm393.sub and
put it in the sub folder.  Then I drew my circuit using a universal op amp
symbol, which I named lm393.  LTSpice doesn't recognize it, with or without
an include statement.  What do I do?

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.Electronics-Related.com

Re: ltspice
I need to simulate a circuit with an lm393 comparator in it.  I went to the
yahoo group and got a file called lm393_st.txt.  I renamed it lm393.sub and
put it in the sub folder.  Then I drew my circuit using a universal op amp
symbol, which I named .lm393.  LTSpice doesn't recognize it, with or without
an include statement.  What do I do?

Re: LTSpice

Hello Michael,

The examples in the LTspice Yahoo group run out of the box.
Just unzip the zip-file from Files>Lib to any folder and start the .asc
file.

Files > Lib > LM339_LM393.zip
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LTspice/files/%20Lib /

Best regards,
Helmut

Re: LTSpice

In the library where it says "Comparator LM339 and LM393 Three models for
this comparator" I click on "Comparator LM339 and LM393" and it takes me to
this link

that has various .txt, .asc and .asy files.

I want to use the lm393. I have three choices:

lm393_st.txt, LM393A.5_1_ti.txt, or LM393_ST_TI_AI_test.asc.

As I explained in my previous post, I got nowhere with the text files. So
this time I try opening LM393_ST_TI_AI_test.asc in LTSpice.

A schematic opens, but without the symbols for the comparators.

I go back to the collection of comparator files so I can retrieve the symbol
LTSpice is calling for.

I find XOPAMP_ST.ASY and save it in the opamp folder in the symbol folder in
LTSpice.

It turns out the file linked to from "XOPAMP_ST.ASY" on that page was
actually named XOPAMP_ST-2, so I rename it XOPAMP_ST and now when I open the
test schematic, I get a symbol in the ST portion of the test circuit.

I want to see if it works, so I delete the other test circuits and click
simulate.

I get the message, "Could not open include file 'lm393_st.txt'"

Maybe you can explain what my next step should be.

Re: LTSpice

Hello Michael,

I have send you an email with an attached example.

Best regards,
Helmut

Site Timeline