Looking for scematic for simple motion detector

to be

that

than

24vdc.

The ones I've seen have a 24V relay, but the rest of the circuit is usually lower, sometimes only 5VDC. So if you replace the relay, it should work at 6 or 12V.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

There's a PIR motion detector with a radio link to the X10 system. Runs off two AA batteries. No reason you couldn't pick off a signal inside to trigger your camera. Can't find it, so can't give you the model number. mike

--
Return address is VALID.
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/te.html

I am looking for a schematic for a simple motion detector. It needs to be powered by 6vdc to 12vdc. I am going to connect it to 35mm camera.

I have looked at motion detectors that can be bought alone and those that are used on motion activated lights. Motion detectors alone cost more than I am willing to pay and the ones used on lights, that I can find, are 24vdc.

Reply to
<elehman1

You can get Rat-Crap passive infrared security motion sensors alone for about $20. Would those do, or do you need to sense cold-body objects too?

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

to be

that

more than

24vdc.

If you have not found this yet, you might be interested in this forum...

All sorts of info - circuits, controller boards, building instructions, etc

Arch

Reply to
Archilochus

How much are you willing to pay?

By the time you have to buy all the parts, the optics, a box to put it all in and assemble and test it, it will have cost you a lot more than just buying one.

What do you want to detect, anyway? Humans? Animals?

From how far away?

From how far to the side?

Indoors?

Outdoors?

Summer?

Winter?

--
John Fields
Reply to

I saw an item on British TV today which was a very brief review of kitchen 'swing-bins' and one of them opened its lid just as the user approached it and took him by surprise. So there's something out there which costs very little to make that should be adaptable but I have no other information than that.

--
Graham W   http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial
WIMBORNE   http://www.wessex-astro-society.freeserve.co.uk/ Wessex

Thanks! This is what I was looking for.