Location of Passive RFID on Motor Vehicles

Supposedly the active devices are often near the rear view mirror.

Where are the passive RFIDs typically located when factory installed?

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Screw that, where is that damn beeper that goes off when you don't put your seatbelt on. There are probably people who will pay $1,000 to have those removed.

Reply to
jurb6006

I'd pay someone to disable the rain sensor on my Audi's windshield wipers.

And whatever locks the doors when you turn your back on it. I always carry a spare key in my pocket, for when it locks me out.

lunatic fringe electronics

Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Layman

That's a super dumb question for a supposed engineer to ask. There's a switch in the seat belt buckle. You'll find a wiring harness under the seat. If you must... bypass the switch. People who don't like seat belt indicators have never been broad-sided. I have been three times in my 50 years of driving. Or have a red light runner suddenly at your bumper... twice.

I like that in my Q45... sprinkle = slow, downpour = fast, no hands required.

Some people drive crap cars with fancy names >:-}

...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Make that 60 years ;-)