LEDs: "wattage" redefined

I got these LED floodlights for free - "24 watt, 12 - 30v". I put one on a bench supply & checked the current: 500ma @ 12v - 300ma @ 30v. OK

- they were free, otherwise I'd be pissed.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Are you sure that 24 Watt isn't the equivalent to an incandescent lamp?

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Maybe it's referring to incandescent equivalent? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Oh, no ... there are 6 dice & quite a bit (new unit) of light. Spec'ed as 2400 lumens, but with 6 actual watts, 600 lumens is as much as could be expected.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Many labels/stickers on lighting made in China are inaccurate. The goal in China is to get the stuff out of the door ASAP and they really care if it makes much sense.

I once found a CFL that had no name of/for the manufacturer on either the packaging or bulb. It wasn't just an off brand. It had no brand at all, just "Compact Fluorescent Light" on the package.

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Be expected by you, or by the seller? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

They have darker rooms in China to measure them.

Mitch

--

mitch@sand-hill.uk
Reply to

Or their Lumens are metric... ;-)

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

I've got what appears to be a genuine 20W LED flood lamp. (120VAC)

big cast aluminum heat fins surrounding the emitter.. and the "circuit on board" emitter actually puts out enough IR radiation to feel if you're just an inch away... (wouldn't be enough to keep a salamander happy, but I can feel it on the back of my hand, and the light out is blinding from 50 feet and closer)

Reply to
default