Learn Electronics

Hi! Is theres any interactive tutorial which can help me to learn basics of electronics. My aim is to be able to repair electronic devices.

Reply to
solid.snake26

You'd be better off at your public library, but there's quite a lot on

Also use google for anything else.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1157946905.745924.138290 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Sure, get a breadboard and a starters kit and find some ciruits to build. Look at the datasheets for components in the circuit and make changes. Does anything happen when, say, you change the resistors on a 555?

You can learn digital logic (part of electronics) online, but nothing's quite like hooking up your 7400 and seeing it happen.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

Electronics repair is obsolete. Everything is black box with red light now. Red light comes on, change the box,or card or plug in module. It's a throw-away-world. Nobody will pay $150 to fix something that costs $75 to replace. Find a better field.

--
If a group\'s goal is the complete destruction of free people
then extermination is the only choice and shouldn\'t be delayed.

As with builders and the similar tradesmen , things will be changing shortly , not everything costs $6.00

Reply to
atec 77

Electronic troubleshooting and repair isn't dead at all, although there aren't that many repair shops for *consumer items*.

The fun is when you get to troubleshoot a brand new piece of equipment that's never been seen before. That's where you really need strong troubleshooting skills ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Written by someone who is likely to lazy or too stupid to learn the required skills. The last thing I worked on was $80,000 radios.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Gad! That upper right picture on your page made me choke!

Reply to
Lord Garth

message

Well, if it a SSTV club, lets just tune in someone else...

Reply to
Lord Garth

yeah, i was going to say something, i just worked on a 10,000 dollar ham rig the other day. i still can't see how its worth 10k after having it opened but that is what it goes for.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

i take it than you don't want to join my club :)

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

You can troubleshoot anything if you have the prints to it. I didn't know there were still some hand-wired ham radios around. But as far as repairing multi-layered boards, it's not cost effective unless you are a large corporation with hundreds to maintain.

--
If a group\'s goal is the complete destruction of free people
then extermination is the only choice and shouldn\'t be delayed.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Claude

Bullshit. Electrolytic capacitors have the highest failure rate of any part in use. the replacements are cheap, and its simple to locate the bad caps. You can buy a good ESR meter and some soldering and desoldering tools for about $100. Do you have any more misinformation to post?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, just someone who is a tad bitter. I understand him - if VCRs were all tube I would have had a job for life. Bloody semiconductors ruined a good thing by being so reliable.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I learned semiconductors back in the '60s. The only tubes that impressed me were transmitter and RADAR tubes. BTW, have you ever seen a tube Video Tape Recorder? Ampex made them for a while. The first were B&W, and later converted to color. 2" quad heads that cost so much you could have bought a nice car for the price of ten hours worth of tape. I was offered a working all tube VTR from KBAK in bakersfield CA years ago, but the shipping was a couple grand. It would have filled a tractor trailer with the spare parts and manuals. It also took about 10 tons of air conditioning to keep it working.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

When I left college I was offered the first computer I learned on for free, an Elliot 503 mainframe - all germanium transistors in hand wired modules. That needed a lot of AC also.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

You obviously don't work in industry.

--
If a group\'s goal is the complete destruction of free people
then extermination is the only choice and shouldn\'t be delayed.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Claude

You obviously have your head up your ass. I spent 40 years in electronics. Manufacturing, Radio & TV Broadcast engineer, CATV engineering, and running a service depot for United Video way back in the early '80s, along with a few early years in the '60s and '70s in Radio & TV repair. I've replaced more bad capacitors than any other component. In fact. I have a stack of dead motherboards on my bench right now that need about a dozen new 105° C low ESR electrolytics per board. I spent my last four working years building $20,000 and up telemetry receivers. NASA, NOAA and other government agencies but them by the dozens, including one aboard the ISS.

Go to news:sci.electronics.repair and tell them that electrolytic are a huge problem.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1157946905.745924.138290 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

You may take a look at my electronics course at:

GvdH

Great site, you cover some of the areas I was having trouble with, like power dissipation which none of the books I've bought bother to deal with.

Reply to
Marc Britten