LCD monitor water damage

I have a 24" LCD, Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP.

I have a child in the family that got mad and poured about half a gallon of water on top of it.

At first, it turned on and displayed mostly everything OK except that there was this shady area at the bottom.

Now half an hour later it turns on and immediately turns off. It also makes this hissing sound.

Is this monitor permanently gone or will the water dry up and it will start working again?

I put it in front of a window fan for now.

Reply to
SQ

You did the worst possible thing by turning it on. If you had dried it out completely before connecting power, it would have had a chance! It might work again by some miracle.

Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock

- *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road

Reply to
Nicholas Sherlock

** Exactly correct.

Water plus solder plus electricity = bad news.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison