jargon

It rather looked like the OP was asking about studio effects (in which "feedback" is a parameter: e.g. delay with nonzero feedback creates repeating echo.)

Reply to
Kaz Kylheku

I leave the verdict to the audience.

Don Pearce

I very much doubt that, given that the other two were acoustic effects within a space.

Don Pearce

The other clues are that this was posted to an "audio tech" and electronics newsgroup. Also, "reverb" is the jargon for the electronic effect; reverberation is the acoustic phenomenon.

Your interpretation as this being a question about acoustic phenomena, and amplifier/speaker/microphone issues, is the one that is rather tenuous.

Reply to
Kaz Kylheku

"Kaz Kylheku"

** Everything points at that conclusion - including the heading.

But the OP is an idiot and a troll so will never clear up the ambiguity.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

There is no doubt that your answer was correct, Don.

KRW's response was one of those hard-to-understand pronouncements of "you are wrong" followed by a recitation of the same identical facts. Since his facts agree with you, his pronouncement that you were wrong is itself wrong.

Obviously, he's not watching very closely.

There was a rush to judgment.

He owes you an apology.

Reply to
Arny Krueger

"Don Pearce"

** The wording of his massively ambiguous post does not suggest that.

Effects units that delay an audio signal become " reverb " units with the aid of some feedback from output to input.

That is the "jargon" used.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

He's illiterate.

He is absolutely wrong. He can't even follow his own definitions.

You audiophools are some piece of work.

Absolutely wrong.

Reply to
krw

In the real world cliffs are not usually one straight smooth edge of course.

If you prefer to simplify things so much you at least need to point that out.

Or simplify it to the point of being wrong. To paraphrase Einstein, things should be as simple as possible, not simpler.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

That's why an echo is cool - they're relatively rare. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

My mistake. I thought I was talking about a hypothetical cliff. I now find I was in fact talking about a cliff that you know personally, and has multiple faces. Would you care to introduce me to it so I can perform a mathematical analysis? That will obviously make things much simpler for the OP.

I was doing what anybody would do when explaining a principle, reducing it to its minimum implementation. It's what you do.

Simplified to the point of being wrong? Hear feedback, turn the gain down until it stops. You are going to have to explain what is wrong here - clearly I'm being thick.

Don Pearce

Something we can agree on then! :-)

Trevor.

Reply to