Jam Police Radar with Cold Plasma

Did you know an effective electrostatic generator can produce plasma? Well, if you get one of these electrostatic dusters, and place it inside a 3 inch diameter PVC pipe you can generate quite the static charge by allowing the air to flow through it as you drive. The PVC should be 12 inches longer than the duster's fibers.

At that fine point, all you need is some aluminum foil and glue that to the outside of the PVC pipe and strap it to the roof of your car or truck. It may take 4 or 5 of these before your car will glow in the dark or actually produce a plasma dense enough to absorb Police Radar. In theory, it should work.

If not the alternative is a 300KV voltage muliplier and venting the charge into the air as you drive. A much more complicated circuit.

Reply to
The Flavored Coffee Guy

Did you know an effective electrostatic generator can produce plasma? Well, if you get one of these electrostatic dusters, and place it inside a 3 inch diameter PVC pipe you can generate quite the static charge by allowing the air to flow through it as you drive. The PVC should be 12 inches longer than the duster's fibers.

At that fine point, all you need is some aluminum foil and glue that to the outside of the PVC pipe and strap it to the roof of your car or truck. It may take 4 or 5 of these before your car will glow in the dark or actually produce a plasma dense enough to absorb Police Radar. In theory, it should work.

If not the alternative is a 300KV voltage muliplier and venting the charge into the air as you drive. A much more complicated circuit.

Reply to
The Flavored Coffee Guy

I think it would work better if you took the aluminum foil, folded it into a triangle shape then placed it on your head!

Reply to
Bob Eld

Greetings "The Flavored Coffee Guy"..

Regarding: "At that fine point, all you need is some aluminum foil and glue that to the outside of the PVC pipe and strap it to the roof of your car or truck. It may take 4 or 5 of these before your car will glow in the dark or actually produce a plasma dense enough to absorb Police Radar. In theory, it should work."

I think this would qualify for Jeff Foxworthy's, you might be a redneck if...

You should be aware that many of the police agencies are now using laser guns for moving violations. In a fraction of a second, they've got a readout. However, you might provide some hilarious amusement for folks driving by with all that on top of your car/truck!

Something to consider..

Cheers, Mr. Mentor

You might want to lay off the excessive consumption of too much coffee! Let me guess, you're an 18-wheel truck driver or longing to become one?

Reply to
dBc

--
Greetings "Mr. Mentor"..

On USENET it\'s generally considered wise to lurk a while before
posting, so I\'m sure you just missed the part where bottom posting (or
in-line posting, when appropriate) is considered the appropriate
protocol.
Reply to
John Fields

Greetings JF..

Etiquete on Usenet - you've GOT to be kidding..

Cheers, Mr. Mentor

The mere thought has got me chuckling, although I DO sincerely appreciate the amusement.

| wrote: | | >Greetings "The Flavored Coffee Guy".. | >

| >Regarding: | >"At that fine point, all you need is some aluminum foil and glue | >that to the outside of the PVC pipe and strap it to the roof of | >your car or truck. It may take 4 or 5 of these before your car | >will glow in the dark or actually produce a plasma dense enough | >to absorb Police Radar. In theory, it should work." | >

| >I think this would qualify for Jeff Foxworthy's, you might be a | >redneck if... | >

| >You should be aware that many of the police agencies are now | >using laser guns for moving violations. In a fraction of a | >second, they've got a readout. However, you might provide some | >hilarious amusement for folks driving by with all that on top of | >your car/truck! | >

| >Something to consider.. | >

| >Cheers, | >Mr. Mentor | >

| >You might want to lay off the excessive consumption of too much | >coffee! Let me guess, you're an 18-wheel truck driver or longing | >to become one? | | --- | Greetings "Mr. Mentor".. | | On USENET it's generally considered wise to lurk a while before | posting, so I'm sure you just missed the part where bottom posting (or | in-line posting, when appropriate) is considered the appropriate | protocol. | --- | | | | JF

Reply to
dBc

--- Etiquette...

While the concept may be foreign or, possibly, even repugnant to you, even Google advises bottom posting:

"Summarize what you're following up.

When you click "Reply" under "show options" to follow up an existing article, Google Groups includes the full article in quotes, with the cursor at the top of the article. Tempting though it is to just start typing your message, please STOP and do two things first. Look at the quoted text and remove parts that are irrelevant. Then, go to the BOTTOM of the article and start typing there. Doing this makes it much easier for your readers to get through your post. They'll have a reminder of the relevant text before your comment, but won't have to re-read the entire article. And if your reply appears on a site before the original article does, they'll get the gist of what you're talking about."

Note that "following up" implies trailing instead of leading.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

Greetings John..

Regarding: "While the concept may be foreign or, possibly, even repugnant to you, even Google advises bottom posting:"

While I appreciate the consideration, I REALLY don't care what Google believes as "appropriate." I'm not using them now for newsgroup access and have no plans on using them for newsgroups. If you're using a newsgroup reader that lists the thread in a chronological time order, not an issue anyway. There, you see, you didn't even need to scroll down to the bottom of the listing to get the reply. Thus, not too much work for you, John.

Cheers, Mr. Mentor

| wrote: | | >Greetings JF.. | >

| >Etiquete on Usenet - you've GOT to be kidding.. | >

| >Cheers, | >Mr. Mentor | >

| >The mere thought has got me chuckling, although I DO sincerely | >appreciate the amusement. | | --- | Etiquette... | | While the concept may be foreign or, possibly, even repugnant to you, | even Google advises bottom posting: | | From: | |

| | "Summarize what you're following up. | | When you click "Reply" under "show options" to follow up an existing | article, Google Groups includes the full article in quotes, with the | cursor at the top of the article. Tempting though it is to just start | typing your message, please STOP and do two things first. | Look at the quoted text and remove parts that are irrelevant. | Then, go to the BOTTOM of the article and start typing there. | Doing this makes it much easier for your readers to get through your | post. They'll have a reminder of the relevant text before your | comment, but won't have to re-read the entire article. | And if your reply appears on a site before the original article does, | they'll get the gist of what you're talking about." | | Note that "following up" implies trailing instead of leading. | | JF

Reply to
dBc

--
You miss the point, which isn\'t what Google Groups considers to be
appropriate, it\'s that they\'re advising the use of a method which has