Is Class 1 laser safe enough for baby eyes?

I meant, what if someone accidentally shine Class 1 laser into a baby's eyes? Would it hurt retina and leave a permanent damage?

I know ... I know... it should NOT happen. Adults are supposed to be very very careful. :)

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!

??! ???! ???! ? ????! ???! ?? ?! ?????

Knowing nothing, I assume so. Visible laser safety counts on the blink reflex, when the eye is exposed to strong light. (like the sun) I assume babies have this reflex... You could google it.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

But you don't have to get *that* powerful before the blink reflex won't save your sight any more. I've got some 2.5W violet lasers here that will blind someone *instantly* and cause permanent scarring on the retina. Mind you, these are about 500x more powerful than the average laser pointer.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I think class 1 is less than 1mW in the visible. We sell a class 3B laser.. it's in the NIR... no blink reflex. (I always encourage people to buy extra laser goggles.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold