Inductive Coupling Coefficient

Doing some housekeeping of my PSpice symbol library I noted that, in the past, I created symbols for triode, tetrode, and two pentode symbols, dependent on number of grid pins that come out, so I'm ready

...Jim Thompson

How about Interociter parts?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've done tube designs, back when they were the only devices that could handle 10-20kV

I finally successfully replaced in one location, the high voltage drivers. Using [Delco?] 1200Vceo NPN transistors and a step up transformer ...inside the loop to remove the characteristics of the transformer. All to get accurate 5kVpp audio sawtooth waveforms [better than 0.1% linearity] not bad when you consider those !@#$#! resistors have voltage coefficients that're out of sight!

Reply to
RobertMacy

longer,

like

makes

more

this

OK fine. Galvanically isolated to very many kilovolts? Why do they want this?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

5mm-10mm spacing is all I know. ...Jim Thompson

Doesn't TI make a chip good for the low KV region?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Two separate boards, not just an isolation barrier. ...Jim Thompson

Maybe use a toroid, Teflon winding on the HV side, use left qtr for pri, right qtr for sec, dip in Glyptal?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Customer built a PCB and is getting good data coupling out to 2" spacing.

Both ends are tuned with Q~10, so I'm going to cut it back a bit, I fear cross-talk issues when he implements multi-channels. ...Jim Thompson

Can he put alternate channels on the opposite side of the board? Or maybe a EMI shielding enclosure, might cause a change in the inductance of the coil a bit.

Martin Riddle

Customer has 1' PCB panels... Single inputs on N and W sides, outputs on E and S sides. ...Jim Thompson

Sheet of mu metal placed at 45 degrees? Stuff is rather good even at 60Hz and would get better as frequency goes up. Tie sheet to system ground plane, natch.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I've seen FM radios with a small single wall shield next to inductors to break up the field. As long as the inductors are mounted 90deg from one another coupling is at a minimum. I vaguely recall coils are needed, so toroids are out of the question.

Martin Riddle

...Jim Thompson

Check; from the description of input , output coils,it would seem that parallel orientation would be the case..

out / * *

Reply to
Robert Baer

Oh I see now. Spooled inductors are wonderful emitters. Yep a lower Q and I'd imagine separate TX and rx frequencies. I believe there is specific EMI limits for intentional emitters if he eventually goes for some type of certification. It could be either be bad or good ;)

Martin Riddle

below 10kHz don't care. OSHA cares about exposure,but that's more safety and is HUGE.

In the US, below 150kHz FCC doesn't really care. BUT, in Europe they care. comes from the Netherlands [I believe] and their [or someone's] submarine communications channels.

Above 150kHz is not necessary, but we once had an Engineer unnessarily select 8MHz [From memory] to transmit 1W, and that was a huge bother. marginal, at the NRTL, not to mention trying to meet the SAR limits, which it exceeded/failed.

Reply to
RobertMacy

BELOW, not above!!!

Reply to
RobertMacy

ARRRGGG!!! English is my first language, it doesn't show very often! When I read my reply, *I* even misread it and posted a previous, stupid reply.

means it is NOT necessary to go above 150kHz AND you get into that 'regulatory' quagmire ubove 150kHz.

Reply to
RobertMacy