Inductance calculations

Somewhere there must be a formula for the inductance of a hand-wound coil.

Air core, one layer of wire (of given swg) close-wound, diameter of
former (cardboard, probably inside of toilet paper roll), length of
coil,... (what else?), therefore inductance equals ...

Re: Inductance calculations

  Yep a dozen.
  I have spreadsheeet labeled the Nagaoka Formula that is supposed to be
very accurate. You can search for it, But I think these use his formula,

If you want a deep understanding, with Nagaoka.

Otherwise, dig into these. Or just the first one.

use the second on this page.

  That's enough so you will never know who is correct :-)
I ecpect

The ones I have used is Professor Coyle, and I had a downloaded version,
so haven't tried the online version and electronbunker.

                              Mikek

Re: Inductance calculations

Ooh, there's lots!  Thank you.

Re: Inductance calculations

If your getting into crystal radio,
  You might find this interesting,
and this overwhelming,

                    Mikek

Re: Inductance calculations
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 15:07:07 +0100, Peter Percival

of course there are.  Your google is broken?

BTW single layer solenoid-wound coils usually hit the calculate values
spot-on, it doesn't start to get hairy until you add layers.  There's
a formula that takes into consideration the diameter/length ratio too,
but for simple single layer coils try the "Amateur Radio Handbook."

Re: Inductance calculations
A first approach :

Parasistic elements are uncomputable.