Illuminated Rocker Switch

I have a rocker switch and I can get it to work as a switch, but it's supposed to illuminate and I'm at a complete loss...

It has 3 prongs on the bottom which are labelled on the switch as 1,2, and 3

1 and 2 I've found are connected to the switch. when the switch is off they're open, and when the switch is on they conduct.

3 doesnt seem to be connected to either of the other prongs no matter which position the switch is in... I've tried using dc and ac voltages on this 3rd prong to get the switch to light up but I can't get anything to work...

the only other thing written on the case is 'canal b series'. a google search didn't help :-/

if you need any other info just let me know and I'll try to get whatever you need

Reply to
maeode

** You did not look very hard:

These are for AC power mains only.

The third terminal is an AC neutral link for the neon lamp - which may run from 120 or 240 volts AC.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Most likely a 120/240 volt AC switch. the third leg needs to be on the ground/neutral side.

if the light stays on at all times, just rotate 1,2 connection. I think 1 is the Line , 2 is the load and 3 is the common/N et.c.

worth a try I guess.

"

Reply to
Jamie

It's probably a neon that needs tying to AC neutral.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore