I need to make a special measuring timer

Greetings Bob, I like the mike idea too. Thanks. I need to see if I can use two and separate the sound coming from the punches. I may be able to bond the mikes to the punches or something that the punches hit. Thanks also for the offer of help with your software. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Again, try this first with a single equidistant microphone before you consider the hassles of using two. If you see two distinct peaks you not only know it's going to work, but you can probably do the whole job with that one mic.

If you only see one peak, or it's too messy to tell, it may still be worth watching what happens as you tweak the hammer timing... if the single peak becomes stronger, you can assume you are moving toward coincident hits. When it becomes broader or breaks up into separate peaks, you are going the wrong way.

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v7.21 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI FREE Signal Generator, DaqMusic generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

Thanks Bob, I'll try the single mic first. Eric

Reply to
etpm