I am going to take a basic electronics course at my home from Thompson Education Direct

I am going to take a basic electronics course at my home from Thompson Education Direct. This will be a great first start for me to learn basic electronics and after I get a diploma in basic electronics, I am going to do my own electronics projects and moving up in the electronics field. Also I am going to learn about 555 timers and digital electronics in the future. Also my mom is teaching me college intermediate algebra math at this time. I have one Question? Is the math in this basic electronics course harder then college intermediate algebra?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Top gear winner 2

Hard to say but you'll probably be okay if it's just a basic electronics course. You'll probably get into ohm's law, basic power equations and maybe loop and nodal analysis which requires solving systems of equations. I wouldn't think it would go much farther than that. But if you're seriously going into electronics or electrical engineering the math gets intense later so more math is always better as a general rule.

Good luck

Reply to
Yoda

I am about ready to take a course from these guy's also, although different has anyone had any experience with this company Thompson Education Direct? I don't want a degree just want to learn more about the subject so that I can kick someone's ass at the office!

Reply to
Jim Douglas