How we calculate the guage of power cable on different load?

Hello Every one,

my name is raja abid, i am working in ZTE pakistan pvt. ltd as Technical officer. i want to know that how we calculate and decided that which power cable is used on different loads.

Reply to
Raja

the cable manufacturer should have a table of how much current can be used for the different diameter cables. Or the electrical engineering in pakistan should be pointing you to such publications. rw

Reply to
ryan weihl

first you figure out how much voltage drop you can live with, and how much heat the cable can dissipate without becoming a problem or failing

Then you choose a wire of suitable or lower resistance.

If there are legal requirements they must be considered also.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

thanks Jasen,