How do you test a capacitor? - Page 2

Re: How do you test a capacitor?

say
but
quoted
Even
one
Son bought the darn thing with a check!

And to add insult to injury... I took a look at the box and all over it
there is a warning... no returns. Once you walk out the store, it's yours.
The warranty is for one year... but at an authorized factory repair shop.
Which I am trying to locate, which is taking a bunch of phone calls, mails,
faxes and stuff. No easy out on this one!

Still trying to reach a suit at PepBoys HQ... had a nibble from an internet
tech, but apparently she's been told by somebody to lay off the sugar and
keep me at bay.

Had a similar experience with a Polaroid HD TV.... could not get service
from them and I leaned on the Wal-Mart manager for help. I got a new TV set
even though it had been over the 30 day return policy. What a difference! Go
Wal-Mart! Go!

Boo PepBoys, Boo!

Wayne

Re: How do you test a capacitor?

Sounds like a good reason to avoid PepBoys to me. I don't like Wal-Mart for
several reasons, but it's hard to argue with their service and return
policy.

Most credit card companies are a big help, especially when buying online.
But it won't preclude state law. They can still persue you just as if you
had stopped payment on a check.

Re: How do you test a capacitor?

Ask any store for the name and phone number of the district manager and of
the regional manager. As you move up the chain you are more likely to get a
better deal.

Re: How do you test a capacitor?

and
Good idea!