Hitachi TV power problem

Hi, Mike. Try posting at sci.electronics.repair. They might be able to give you a few pointers there.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Folks,

My daughter has a Hitachi model C1719T TV receiver with a problem. Nothing appears on the screen - it remains completely black. I don't know if this screen has a cold cathode (do you get such TV tubes?), but I can't see any heater coming on, and I can't find any voltage around the tube base. It generates UHT, however, because I hear it whistle momentarily when the power is switched off.

Although I have fixed my own TV several years ago (thanks to a guy called Sam who was a regular contributor to the group!), I don't know much outside of the theory of TV's, and when I look at the board, I don't know enough to recognise where the various circuit elements are - and I don't have a schematic for it.

With the back of the board towards me and the components on the top, the mains cable comes in on the left side, but I can't even find the rectifier. Is it a 4-pin chip, or does it use discrete diodes? Is it near to the mains cable and the fuse? It would make sense!

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.

--
WARNING: My e-mail return address is bogus to confuse the automated spam
address gatherers.

Is there any sound?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Nothing

this

any

power

Thanks for the reply, Tom,

No, there is no sound. Basically, it no longer has much to offer in the way of entertainment! :-)

Regards,

Mike.

Reply to
Mike C

Then it is likely power supply/horizontal deflection.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre