High-voltage low-amperage computer -- any advantages?

Hi:

Would a computer designed to use high-voltage, low-amperage have any advantage over conventional computers? In this high-volt, low-amp PC, all of the components [motherboard, cpu, memory, video system (including the monitor), sound system (including the speakers)] rely on the high-voltage, low-amperage electricity. Speakers and monitor are purely digital and also use the high-voltage, low-amperage digital electricity. Speakers do not contain any diaphragm, instead they rely on "electrifying" the air -- similar to the Ionovac speaker -- to produce sound. The electric current directly causes the air molecules to vibrate and produce sound -- this makes it easy to reproduce high-frequency sounds than using a conventional speaker.

In this system, the voltage is high but the amperage is low.

The wattage of this system, however is around the same as that of the average PC.

In addition, the only insulator is air. Other than that its all metallic conductors.

Though this PC uses wattages around the same as most other PCs, the voltages required are enough to generate the bluish-white lights similar to those emitted from stun-guns [another example of extremely high-voltage, low-amperage equipment].

This is a "plasma" computer.

Thanks,

Radium

Reply to
Radium

No, this is another of your pathetic attempts to troll the sci.electronics newsgroups.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No. I am asking a serious questions and would appreciate serious answers.

Reply to
Radium

On 20 Jul 2006 20:07:31 -0700, in message , "Radium" scribed:

Allrighty then. I'll take you at your word. All you have to do is completely re-design the entire semiconductor and audio-visual industries. It's a bit of a bite to chew, but have at it! Fill us in when you're done. Although I'm afraid the concept exceeds the "basics" part of the newsgroup charter (just a bit), I think it's a splendid project.

Reply to
Alan B

Your questions look like you are throwing darts at a bunch of words and posting the hits as questions. If you really are serious you need to pick up some basic books on electronics and learn how to ask valid questions.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The problem is that insulation for highvoltage in densly packed chips is not a working solution. Add to that slowspeeds due excessive rise times. (reach 1000V in a few ns in a chip.. don't think so..)

The only benefit highvoltage gives in this context is in the powersupply that could use very long cables. However.. I dault it's useful anyway.

Dead on arrival IOW.

If you look at current trends it's towards lower volts (like 1.2V). Makeing your powersupply an excellent welder. Which some unfortunate people have experienced due catastrophic failure (hello AMD ;)

Reply to
pbdelete

Nobody believes this, no matter how many times you say it.

Reply to
redbelly

He doesn't even believe it.

prove it.