Hendershot Generator

I've received an ad for plans for a Hendershot generator, claiming that it will produce power sufficient to run an entire house for virtually nothing. I find this hard to believe, but I'm not current in my understanding of the physics of this device. Can someone here explain how this works and explore the possibility of using it to power a household?

Reply to
GM Forsythe

It works just like Obamacare. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

You are asking for an explanation "how it works" for a device which actually does not work.

It is a hoax. Hope you did not spend money on it.

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

-- That well, eh? Glad I didn't spend any money on it.

Reply to
GM Forsythe

-- Fortunately, I have not. Also fortunately I came here before doing so. Thanks all.

Reply to
GM Forsythe

GM Forsythe wrote in news:94f88$527be7a6$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

Its a *SCAM* as the plans for said worthless device are freely available on the internet anyway.

If any such perpetual motion machine with electrical output actually worked, (a physical impossibility), the power companies would build power plants using them and stop buying fossel fuel. Its simple economics + it would get all the Greens off their backs ......

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.
Reply to

The physics of the Hendershot Generator is that it is a perpetual motion machine. Perpetual motion machines violate the known laws of physics. (Specifically, they violate either the first or second law of thermodynamics, see

Perpetual motion machines do _not_ violate the known laws of psychology, because it seems that everyone wants something for nothing, and will pay you for the privilege of having a chance to do so.

Now I can explain how it works: The Hendershot Generator is a device for harvesting money from gullible people who don't know the most basic law of physics, or of psychology, or even of common sense.

And that leads directly to how you use it to power a household: buy the plans, or just study the various perpetual motion machine scams over the years. Then figure out how to run your _own_ perpetual motion machine scam, and use the proceeds to pay your power bill. I suggest that you don't try to make a completely new scam -- it'll be much easier to revive one that hasn't seen the light of day for over half a century. Getting some really old Popular Mechanics magazines is probably a good starting point.

Unless you're a really really good scam artist, you may find it a more productive use of your time to get a job at Walmart.

--
Tim Wescott