Hendershot Generator

I've received an ad for plans for a Hendershot generator, claiming that it will
produce power sufficient to run an entire house for virtually nothing. I find
this hard to believe, but I'm not current in my understanding of the physics of
this device. Can someone here explain how this works and explore the possibility
of using it to power a household?

Re: Hendershot Generator
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:18:03 +0000, GM Forsythe

It works just like Obamacare.

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: Hendershot Generator
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/electronics/hendershot-generator-126287-.htm , GM

-- That well, eh? Glad I didn't spend any money on it.

Re: Hendershot Generator
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:18:03 +0000, GM Forsythe

You are asking for an explanation "how it works"
 for a device which actually does not work.

It is a hoax.
Hope you did not spend money on it.

w.

Re: Hendershot Generator
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/electronics/hendershot-generator-126287-.htm , GM

-- Fortunately, I have not. Also fortunately I came here before doing so. Thanks
all.

Re: Hendershot Generator

Its a *SCAM* as the plans for said worthless device are freely available
on the internet anyway.

If any such perpetual motion machine with electrical output actually
worked, (a physical impossibility), the power companies would build power
plants using them and stop buying fossel fuel. Its simple economics + it
would get all the Greens off their backs ......

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.

Re: Hendershot Generator

The physics of the Hendershot Generator is that it is a perpetual motion
machine.  Perpetual motion machines violate the known laws of physics.
(Specifically, they violate either the first or second law of
thermodynamics, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_thermodynamics .)

Perpetual motion machines do _not_ violate the known laws of psychology,
because it seems that everyone wants something for nothing, and will pay
you for the privilege of having a chance to do so.

Now I can explain how it works:  The Hendershot Generator is a device for
harvesting money from gullible people who don't know the most basic law
of physics, or of psychology, or even of common sense.

And that leads directly to how you use it to power a household: buy the
plans, or just study the various perpetual motion machine scams over the
years.  Then figure out how to run your _own_ perpetual motion machine
scam, and use the proceeds to pay your power bill.  I suggest that you
don't try to make a completely new scam -- it'll be much easier to revive
one that hasn't seen the light of day for over half a century.  Getting
some really old Popular Mechanics magazines is probably a good starting
point.

Unless you're a really really good scam artist, you may find it a more
productive use of your time to get a job at Walmart.

--
Tim Wescott