Help Needed Finding Parts

I apologize if this is off-topic/against the channel rules.

I need to locate a good source for the following. I tried picking them up from the local Radio Shack, but after telling me on the phone they had the part, I got all the way there (burning expensive gas) only to have the clerk tell me they couldn't find it after all.

What I need is a 5mm IR receiver. RS has one, part number 276-640

. The plans I am using call for a "ZD1952", but googling this part number only comes up with sources in Australia.

All this part is is a 38KHz infrared receiver. I'm trying to build a serial infrared receiver for a homebuilt Digital Recorder. Unfortunately, my experience is very limited.

(If the place had a good price on a surface mount 1/8" stereo plug receiver, that would be good as well).

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
DartmanX

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=38kHz+infrared+receiver&spell=1