Help identify a power connector (socket)

I'm trying to find the name/part # for for a smaller power plug/ socket. They appear to be used mostly for LED power cords, the plug has two pins and a and a twist connector, the socket has two holes and is threaded to accept the cap from the male plug. They come in various sizes. The one I need had pins about 1/8" apart and 1/4" long.

These connectors are fairly new, any idea what they're called or where to get them?

Reply to
Slick Willy

What's a "LED power cord" ?

Picture ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I think I know what you mean - the type of connectors that you get in PC cases to plug onto the motherboard.

They plug onto 0.1" pin headers, and consist of a plastic casing and two gold plated connectors that you crimp or solder and push into the casing.

I've never seen them in any of the electronic stores I use but can find them in shops that cater for RC models

3 Pin Type - normally used for servos

2 Pin Type - normally used for low power batters (e.g. receiver or transmitter battery, not flight packs).

Here is an example of the 2 pin variety

If this is right then others here will be able to point you towards a local stockist.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

hem

al

No, it looks like the one in the bottom right hand coner of the TOP picture in this link:

The one you can see is the male and the female is visible on the power adapter in the background. The female connector I need is smaller with a cord attached. They are used like coaxial power connectors (the plug on the end of a wall wart), except that they are secure since they screw on.

Reply to
Slick Willy