ground wire

The dealer will have a book with a picture of the carbuerttor, the manifold, the nuts washers and studs. If there's gasket it will be in the picture too. They mayw have one in stock, if not you can cut a gasket fron card (like a cornflakes box). ounch the bolt holes, smear grease on one of the mating surfaces and print it onto the card. cut out the shape.

Jasen Betts

the part labeled "throttle stop screw" can be adjusted to change the idle speesd.

Jasen Betts

Thank you for all answers.

I do not know any thing about cars.

Before the carburetor needed to be fixed the carburetor was always moving around on my car - the bolts were loose to an extreme - all the time a lot of air was getting into the car - all the time the idle was normal. The people who made these car were good at making cars. The high idle is not associated with a seal. I think Rick is right - a vacuum leak would not make a idle that is 6000. The bolts are tight now.

I think with Honda cars - when the metal plate lets a lot of air in the carburetor the idle becomes low - when the metal plate does not let a lot of air in the carburetor the idle increases. I think the metal plate is not letting any air in the carburetor.

Jasen is right - the carburetor has a throttle stop screw - the guy has been a mechanic for about 50 years - the guy was changing the throttle stop screw but the idle would not change.

I think Rick and Jasen are right - the wire of the fuel cut off solenoid needs to be connected to the car.

Kurt Stocklmeir

kurtstocklmeir

kurtstocklmeir wrote on 7/1/2017 3:08 PM:

The question still is whether the butterfly is open at idle or not. If you leave off the air cleaner or anything that connects to the top of the carburetor and look down the carburetor throat does it look more like this stuck open butterfly?

Or this normally closed butterfly?

Forget the issue of the solenoid for the time being until you have fixed the problem with the engine racing when it should be idling. They are two unrelated problems.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Rick thank you.

I have some friends who know a lot about cars. They work a lot and they travel a lot. I found 1 of them - the person said he thinks he knows how to connect the wire of the fuel cut off solenoid to the car. The person has fixed my car many times. I am trying to get the person to come over to my car. He said he would.

I do not know if he knows how to change the idle. I guess my car does not have a throttle stop screw.

I plan to look at my carburetor and the metal plate. My cover is not on my car. I think the metal plate will not let any air in the car when the car is off.

Kurt

kurtstocklmeir

Keihin has information about tuning their carburetors.

Kurt Stocklmeir

kurtstocklmeir