FYI: Replacement tips for Radio Shack soldering station at Sears

Not having a blog, I'm posting my tip here.

I bought the radio shack soldering station since it was immediately available and relatively cheap at $44 (w/ coupon). However, radio shack doesn't carry an assortment of tips for that iron. Sears does. The Craftsman "Soldering Iron Tip Set," "copper, nickel plated," with "point, chisel, fine point" tips are exactly the same diameter and length as the radio shack tip bundled with the soldering station. Part # 9-54023; website lists for $2.99, listed in-store at $3.99.

Reply to
bh

What's the Radio Shack part number for the soldering station, and where did you get the coupon?

--- Joe

Reply to
Joe

Digital Soldering Station With Detachable Stand

$62.99 Model: 64-2185 Catalog #: 64-2185

Radio shack had a 30% discount coupon that ended last week (last last week?). I believe it was available from the radio shack website.

The latest comment on the radio shack feedback page states that replacement tips are available through the store. That's true, to the extent that you can only order the exact same tip that is included with the station initially, according to the store clerk I spoke with about a week ago. I tried to submit the same info here on the radio shack soldering station page, but it does not appear with the rest of the comments.

Reply to
bh