freq counter

Hi all,

I have a signal which I need to measure during fabrication. The signal is a 2.88 MHz crystal and I need to know the signal level and frequency.

A scope is a great device to do this but I really only need a display with frequency and signal level.

A frequency counter would do the trick for the frequency measurement but can not locate one of these with a signal level indication.

Any thoughts?

pdrunen

Reply to
pdrunen

Two thoughts:

1/ Crystal oscillators work or they don't. Why is amplitude an issue?

2/ If there is some possibility that any given circuit oscillates but perhaps at too low of an amplitude, you could come up with a simple attenuator for the input of your counter that would not allow the sub-standard signal to produce a stable reading.

Reply to
Charles Schuler