FM stereo

I wear an armband FM radio for my outdoor running, w/ digital tuning.

It has a noise level threshold, which switches from stereo to mono when the signal gets weak or noisy. This diminishes the noise effectively, at the cost of listening depth.

What is it about mono decoding, which reduces the noise?

--
Rich
Reply to

** This is a cross-post from "sci.electronics.design" - where it has been well answered already.

Besides that, the OP could have easily Googled the same or better info.

Wot a time wasting idiot.

..... Phil

Reply to
pallison49